Sunday 10 January 2010

Sleep a Million Years

Folk whizz-kids Vetiver know how to put the considerable vocal talents of Vashti Bunyan to amazing use. She appears on their brilliant 2008 album Thing of the Past – a selection of esoteric and ethereal cover versions, singing one of the most moving songs I have heard in months, Sleep a Million Years.

Vashti lends this haunting little number, penned by an artist of similar precious beauty to her (old folkie Dia Joyce), a sensual melancholy no one else could possibly muster.

The song is glorious, wistful, spine-chilling and dreamily marvellous. I almost cried. But Vashti has that effect on me generally.

Love:

2 comments:

  1. I just need to comment on your latest profile... I snorted coffee all over my monitor.

    Song is nice too, but I just had to let you know how much you amused me. So thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete